Monday, October 9, 2017

Found a Piece of My Heart in Tennessee

You never know the impact a single smile can make in your life when it comes from someone you love. I know when I awake in the morning and get that sweet welcome to my day smile from Bob it changes me. Whatever worries, pain, planning, or dreams have disturbed my rest at night, I am at rest again in his smile.

Saturday, I got to find that same joy in the smile of my dear friend, Tessa, who moved away many years ago when she married her true love. She had spent time living in New Mexico and then moved to Tennessee to follow her husband's job and her own dreams. I only get to see her every few years.

That time span does not matter, we have shared life in ways that mean something, and when I am in her presence there is a place in my heart that is complete. I must tell you how remarkable she is and you will understand.

I met this remarkable lady when God arranged a concert just for me. I had gone to a concert/service at a church with three main event musician groups playing. Crossroads New Revival a country gospel group, Leroy Blankenship, a remarkable poet with a prophetic voice and music, and Global Mode.

Global Mode was a group with international dance, music, acting, vocals all done by three women. Heidi, Tessa, and Kerry Lee.

Get this NO ONE showed up to this event except me, and the people at the church assigned to greet guests. They did the concert just for me. This started a long-term relationship with each member of that night, especially Heidi and Tessa. There were many years together and lots of talks over coffee and a trip to Africa, and visits, but life separates, yet the heart remains the same.

Tessa is a wonderful mom, and wife, and she is fulfilling her dream of writing novels. She has already published 10 I believe and working on the 11th.  She has one of the most unique blends of gifting that I have ever seen. She is a true romantic, a graceful artistic dancer, a writer, a prayer warrior, and rugged adventurer. She is and always will be part of my heart. It was such a blessing to even get a few hours with her and her family. Her husband and son are thriving and blessed by this wonderful lady and realizing their own dreams day by day. We had to leave because the aftermath of Hurricane Nate was moving in on Tennessee and we wanted to head east and beat it out. That is another story.

Check out her novels at http://www.tessastockton.com/

2 comments:

  1. That's a great story about the concert and Joy being the only customer! And a heartwarming FOJ story! I went on to Tessa's website. Weird, cause my mom was born and raised in argentina. And i've twice hung with the Masai in Kenya for a few days, and had one honor me and visit my home in 2001. I'll get the books about Argentina and the Masai if Joy can promise me its not chick-lit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful words, Joy. You are a precious heart, and I love you very much. *big hug*

    ReplyDelete

Please bless us with a kind comment, no trolling please!