Monday, October 16, 2017

How about those Rams!!

The Admiral is a Rams Fan of course but he opted to stay with the vehicle to make sure that it stayed safe in enemy territory.

We did our usual and went to the field early to get some assistance. We parked the rig in a dental office parking lot near the EverBank Stadium. (Smart huh? Dentists are closed on Sundays, they usually are in safe areas of town and they don't post intent to tow warnings.)  

We took an Uber to the stadium so we could get in close to the gate we needed to check in. We were going to meet with my nephew and his wife and go see Johnny after. 

The game was amazing. It was minute to minute intense. It started with a Rams run back of the kick-off for a touchdown. It was then followed by a Kick off and touch-back to the 25-yard line by Jacksonville where their rookie running back ran 75 yards for a touchdown. The game was back and forth every play until the 4th quarter where the Jacksonville special teamer's mistakes cost them and the Ram's Special Teams play sealed the deal, allowing only 3 points for Jacksonville in the 2nd half.

For me, personally, it was a funny, great, awful game. I hate the heat! I am '60 degrees is bliss' kind of girl. It was so hot! Every few minutes a cloud would pass by, or a cool breeze (cool is relative in Florida a close relative of 90 degrees I think) blowing over my sweat-soaked face created a kind of swamp cooler effect and gave some relief. Bob so kindly went and bought me a hat so I would not get heat stroke. It, of course, was an all-black Jacksonville hat (the logo was hard to see) so he thought I could wear it and not be too bad of a turncoat. I just could not put it on my head even though he paid $30 for the hat. I did, however; continue to mutilate it in my hand throughout the game. Each play that I thought was going badly for the Rams, I would just squeeze the HEKK out of it. It was not the hat mutilation that helped the team, but the stress relief sure made me feel better. I was so glad the team performed well and came out with a W. I gave the hat to a young boy who was leaving the stadium with his dad who was sporting military gameday stuff. It found a good home and was not wasted. Maybe they will get another win, just not against my Rams!

Del and Kim, Bob and I stopped by the family area and they got to meet Johnny. They were so sweet. We had a quick talk and then Johnny was on his way back to the hotel. They fly out to LondonThursday, and we flew out in our RV to Savanna Georgia, about two hours away, and to the 24-hour laundromat there. Bob did the laundry and I, being my wimpy exhausted self, rested.

So glad Bob and my bug-bite-covered-self are heading north to some cooler weather.



We want to see some Civil War battlefields or forts and make our way through the Fall-Flourished mountains they have in the East before the really cold weather sets in. Ahoy Mateys, keep in touch!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please bless us with a kind comment, no trolling please!